View Single Post
Old 08.04.2021, 13:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,169 Times in 628 Posts
araqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Medical sick note

Quote:
View Post
IMHO sick notes are the silliest thing on the planet. Most Drs will issue one for a few days off on request.

In a previous life I had someone reporting to me who was constantly off Fridays and Mondays because she was feeling poorly. HR asked a few times for sick notes as it was so frequent. She always got one.

I asked HR if we could ask for a second opinion, ie to send her to a Dr of our choice. Not possible, I was told.
Quote:
View Post
In the case I mentioned I had intended to use ii as a threat, or a warning. ie HR is getting concerned about your absences, next time you are off they will want you to talk to Dr. Bloggs before approving your sick time.

The young lady was not happy in her job and somewhat bored. She left after a short period of time.
I was going to say that behaviour like this simply means they're next to go when somebody needs to leave, but it seems like she was just doing the minimum she could get away with until she found another job.
The following 2 users would like to thank araqyl for this useful post: