View Single Post
Old 08.04.2021, 17:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,419 Times in 615 Posts
DantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's the rental situation like in Basel at the mo?

Since you're on FB, check out "Basel Folk" as well. There is some good conversation there about Basel-specific things, and another good place for you to ask questions.

Regarding Kleinbasel: some people are a little negative towards this area, some of it warranted, some of it not. This is where Basel's red light district is (near Kaserne) and where the majority of "police action" takes place. Mind you, *most* things that involve the police are also well after midnight, so if you're home at a reasonable time, you'd probably never even notice

The Kleinbasel area is much more diverse and has a thriving restaurant culture (for when restaurants are open again). It is also a lot "grittier" and industrial than Grossbasel, and the housing doesn't look as nice as other areas. I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but it also seems like it would be a noisy place to live.

I only point this out for your information for when you're "shopping" online and are curious about the neighborhoods.

Like motorcycles? Like photos? Check out my website: www.dantesdame.com
This user would like to thank DantesDame for this useful post: