View Single Post
Old 09.04.2021, 10:42
A modal singularity

Groaned at 417 Times in 263 Posts
Thanked 15,859 Times in 6,829 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nichtbeachten eines lichsignals [running a red light]

Quote:
View Post

The fine is for light being red for 1.7 seconds which I know is a massive amount in relative terms. Trying to recollect this I believe I was delayed crossing the junction because of cars bunched up in front of me. I think someone was reverse parking ahead of them causing this delay.
So you entered the controlled area of the junction without your way being clear to cross it. This is itself contrary to the highway code, so is not in any way a valid excuse for still being in the junction area after the light has turned red.

I think it would be technically possible to be prosecuted for it even without the red light camera, although in practice you'd probably need to have done so blatantly and right in front of a police car for them to do so.

Be thankful it's just 250 francs - if your actions had caused a problem leading to an accident (imagine if you got stuck in the middle of the junction when crossing traffic had a green light) it could have been _much_ worse.