View Single Post
Old 11.04.2021, 20:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,802 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can I find a planter for a window sill

Quote:
View Post
There are plenty of ways to get a planter attached to a railing or a fence.. but I have a solid, slightly sloping, concrete window sill outside my kitchen window. It would be great to put some herbs in a pot there.. but how do I secure the planter. I've looked everywhere but can't find anything.
Quote:
View Post
Wind in your area could be a problem, it certainly is around here.

Tom
I'd second Tom's concerns. Many moons ago I'd put a couple of small pots of seedlings onto my kitchen windowsill, inside a shallow wooden box, and (I thought) securely attached the box to a radiator underneath the kitchen window as there was no railing or other place to tie things onto. After a particularly bad wind storm the box and pots were found on the glass roof of the porch several storeys below, my precious seedlings had disappeared.... and I got a nice bill for the replacement of the glass canopy. It's also against the bylaws of many communes to place planters on the outside of window guards rails, in case they fall onto the heads of people below.
The following 2 users would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: