View Single Post
Old 13.04.2021, 12:08

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
JennaHig has no particular reputation at present
Re: Selling used clothes in bulk - price per kg

Quote:
View Post
Are you a TV host? I am curious now..A movie star?

Anyways, HM and CA take used clothes here for discounts. Salvation Army and Caritas resell your donated clothes. You don't make cash on it but it's ecological. We also have flee markets and since clothes are so expensive in CH, people successfully sell quite a bit.
I work in promotions and PR, i get sent a lot of clothes - some I have to wear to meetings or otherwise (depending on the agreement). In Ireland, i used to sell the used clothes to the buy your clothes per kilo shops, because I knew they will re-sell these to second hand shops. I was supporting a small business locally, rather than giving my clothes away to an organisation that re-sells it for profit to Africa. New clothes, I used to give to local organisations, which distributed these locally to poorer families via schools, community centers etc. Some of the clothes I get are really trendy(from the brands young girls love) so in Ireland this was always in high demand.

I have no time for flea markets right now, but I will bare this in mind anyway.
Thank you so much for all the suggestions here. This is very helpful. Since I have moved to Switzerland, I kept storing all my unwanted clothes in the spare bedroom, but now, I feel like I have options to give it away to a good place.