View Single Post
Old 14.04.2021, 06:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,184 Times in 785 Posts
Thanked 19,128 Times in 7,417 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PostFinance upping their fees

Quote:
View Post
Let's just say I'm old. I like to have stuff I can touch, in binders, and know where I can find it again in twenty years.
PDF files on the computer, on the other hand... I can't imagine what will have happened to them in even five years.
I know there's next to zero chance of reading anything I did for university twenty years ago, unless I have it on paper.

And if it stays on the screen, it doesn't enter my brain. Same with books.
Maybe it's also about the principle, 5.- for a measly piece of paper.
And then of course their sister post.ch complains that nobody is sending any letters any more .
The reason paper statements cost 5chf is because it is economically unfriendly and they are rightly trying to dissuade people from using it. If you aren't willing to learn new small IT-related things and/or adjust habits to fit with the changing times then that is the price you must pay for convenience.

You could buy a black and white laser printer that will do tons of prints reliably and cheaply... though of course it will take 1.5 years to make the initial investment worthwhile vs paying 5chf per month for the statements https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product...upplier=406802
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: