View Single Post
Old 14.04.2021, 09:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 207 Times in 164 Posts
Thanked 7,218 Times in 3,221 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: tax for non-functional director of company

Quote:
View Post
Hi
I wrote an email to Service de contributions reagrding my company partner; i own sārl but will leave CH to open branch & settle in Germany, but i would like the company to continue its operations in CH. For this reason, i am advised to have one Swiss resident as director of the company, non-functional, non-salaried person. My question is: i have found one friend for this purpose, but he is afraid that he might face additional taxes or might be deprived of any social benefits in future in case, as he would be blamed to be a director of a company. Is it true?

Thank you for your help on this topic.
Of course he could be held responsible for any fails of the company to fulfill it’s legal obligations in Switzerland, that is the whole point of requiring that there be someone resident in the jurisdiction in the first place.

If your friend does not have complete managerial control over the affairs of the company, then he would be well advised to keep well clear of it.
The following 4 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: