View Single Post
Old 14.04.2021, 10:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,427 Times in 7,460 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PostFinance upping their fees

Quote:
View Post
Heya

Just a quick heads-up, got a letter from PostFinance today that they were upgrading their fees and blablabla and they had analysed my account and found that I fit best into their most expensive option (of course) .
So, starting on 01.07. they wanted to charge me 12.- per month, plus 5.- per month for any paper letters. Which gives a whopping 204.- fee per year for the honour of giving them your money .

If anyone here has a PostFinance account, you can log-in to their website and change the settings (quite well hidden, click on your name in the menu, then "My products", under "Fees", which is such a beauty in graphical design that my old brain couldn't find it for a solid minute, the tiny "Details" button on the right, and then "Check and adapt options"unilater, and there you can switch.
/RANT OVER

Hope this can be helpful to someone else. More details can be found here:
https://www.postfinance.ch/en/privat...g-package.html
<<they had analysed my account and found that I fit best into their most expensive option>>

When did they announce that to start on July 1st? They should give you a cancellation period as you're free to move on if you don't agree with unilateral alteration of contract!
My bank also wants me to sign a dubious change of contract. At least I know now that PF is not the place to go if I need to take the consequences

Quote:
View Post
Ooh, someone never had to buy one of those golden ink toner cartridges, where you want to print in black and white but the printer won't budge because you're out of CYAN. And then you use them so rarely that they dry out before you can use them a second time.
Well, you'll use the printer (a lot) more often now, so one problem solved.

I've not seen a paper from the bank in years. Yet I too like hard copies of some things, so I print them out.

Quote:
View Post
Why would you expect any commercial organization to give their goods or services away for free? Some people’s sense of entitlement is amusing.......
This. I sometimes wonder when that actually started.