View Single Post
Old 14.04.2021, 18:48
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 169 Posts
Thanked 14,146 Times in 7,332 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance for a newborn?!?

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

We are about to arrange the insurance policy for our baby coming this autumn and I was hoping to find some answers here. It's the first time and we have just moved to Switzerland, so kind of a jungle for us.

We have Helsana and have decided to go with the basic insurance of choice. We then have a choice of supplementary insurance to add. One is called "top" and is the more basic one. Then there is one with called "completa" and it's the more complete covering things like alternative medicine, dental care ect. Does anyone have experience in this matter? We wonder if it's important to pick "completa" right from the start or if we can add that later for the child?
Also, they have added "legal insurance" do we really need this in the first years for a baby? I hope someone have some useful input for me
You best include the baby in your family insurance.
Supplementary insurance is a personal decision. I cancelled mine because I see no need for it at the Swiss level. Unless of course you already know you want any crazy alternative medicine available. Others will be able to give you detailed advice on that.

Legal insurance for the baby?? What do the genes say, will it definitely be a brat?
AfaIk, anything children brake is covered by the liability insurance of the parents. And I doubt your child will be taken to court before the age of 10 or 15 or so??

Don't overdo it with the insurances!! They will try to sell you anything.