View Single Post
Old 16.04.2021, 10:12
A modal singularity

Groaned at 370 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 15,650 Times in 6,757 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nurofen - English pain killers in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I see on UK TV that they're advertising Flarin ibuprofen - "Not just ibuprofen but ibuprofen for join pain" with also the claim "No other ibuprofen is more effective for joint pain" citing a study they did that showed no (statistical) difference between their product and any normal ibuprofen.

Nurofen made this claim for their "join pain ibuprofen" and the ad was banned. Let see how long the Flarin will continue for.
I see now that the advert was disallowed already back in Feb 2020.
That advert, for "Nurofen Joint and Back" was banned for specifically implying, via an animation, that the drug moved directly to the back area. Most other adverts for the same and related products have been allowed, given that they avoid using terminology, apart from the name. to suggest that there's anything special about the product.

Weasel words like you quote are as far as they're allowed to go. No other... is better could be seen simply as trying to persuade people that the cheaper versions (although I don't know if that is cheaper) are just as good as the more expensive brands, which I can't really see is a bad thing.