View Single Post
Old 16.04.2021, 13:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 435 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 11,458 Times in 6,007 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PostFinance upping their fees

Consider Raiffeisen.

I use them for basic banking functions only, so your mileage may vary. Incoming salary, outgoing standing orders and individual transfers, cash withdrawal at their ATMs (no idea how much withdrawal at other ATMs costs), TWINT. No minimum deposit I'm aware of. Stuff generally happens electronically, but PDFs are available if you insist on using paper. IIRC Maestro card costs 40.- annually, no other costs I'm aware of, though some of this probably hinges on being a cooperative member.

Being a cooperative member also makes you a part-owner similar to holding one stock of an LLP. Basically, you buy an interest-bearing membership certificate for 200-500, interest is 4% in my case. The details of this depend on the individual local cooperative you become a member of. You can't buy any other amount than one certificate.

If you use their perks there's a tangible gain. You'll generally need a Maestro card (or certain other products that are accepted as evidence) to use the following:

Right now you can book (non-refundable) train tickets during the Asencion and Pentecost weekends with 40% rebate.

There's also rebates (typically 25-50%) available for the entire year on one-day skiing passes, concerts and events, and (all, I believe) football Super League sunday games. Certain museum entries are free. This may change annually, see link above.

This year's event list with rebates and/or member-exclusives, of course subject to covid restrictions, includes the Tutanchamun and Körperwelten exhibitions, Alicia Keys, Karls Kühne Gassenschau (en français), Faith No More, Slipknot, James Blunt, Sting, and many other concerts and open-airs.
The following 2 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: