View Single Post
Old 16.04.2021, 16:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
muze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeable
Re: Buying UK house with Swiss pension: experiences?

1 Yes, it has to be your primary and only residence. (Which it is). If you have left Switzerland, this is still possible. But in the EU it is very doubtful that it is worth your while, as most EU countries would fully tax you on the withdrawal. The reason it works for the UK is that tax is due in Switzerland because of the tax treaty. The amount depends on the kanton. But if you are in the UK, 99% of people can use the new provisions for withdrawal, much easier! (See my 1st post).

2 If you sell the house, you need to reinvest it in your next primary residence within two years. If you do not, you need to pay it back.

3 Lastly, about renting it out, I think this is possible within the law if you have good reasons (like temporarily moving elsewhere for work, for example).

If people want more details, I can post some links, but many pension funds have these details listed on their website under 'promotion of home ownership'in the vested benefits section.
This user would like to thank muze7 for this useful post: