View Single Post
Old 18.04.2021, 09:29
Fermionae Fermionae is offline
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fermionae has no particular reputation at present
Joint Tax for Permit B holders

My husband and I are on permit B. He works in Switzerland, so his tax is directly deducted from his salary. I work in a neighboring country and commute, so I need to file taxes myself which I did with the help of an accountant.

The problem is that the amount of joint tax that he calculated is way more than double the tax my husband has paid, although our salaries are more or less the same, and that's taking all the tax discounts we are eligible for, e.g. 3rd pillar, into the account as well. The wealth tax is also negligible in our case. When I asked the accountant about it he said, the tax deducted from my husband salary is not calculated correctly and we both have to pay more. Is this possible?
Reply With Quote