View Single Post
Old 20.04.2021, 17:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 108 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 7,610 Times in 2,821 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Married to Swiss abroad, does facil. nat. process change if we move to swi

The facilitated process is described in detail here:

https://www.zh.ch/de/migration-integ...tml#-792208150

You need to have been at least 5 years in Switzerland, be able to speak a national language among other things.

I suggest you read the above page for all the details.

Rgds,
Nick
Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

I've been married to my Swiss-romande wife for about 4 years now, we're looking to move back to Switzerland as her job is planning to transfer her to the Zurich area.
I'm wondering here if this will impact the facilitated process.
Initially, I thought this was 6 years overall abroad but now I'm a bit confused with all the post I have seen about how the process goes if we are there.
Will we need to wait another 5 years before applying or is our marriage time accounted for in total?

Also, if she moves and I stay in Germany for work, will this count negatively towards our situation? We'd like to move to Switzerland but it always seems to be a "won't consider you for a job without a permit" situation that we're trying to avoid until then.

Thanks for the help!