View Single Post
Old 20.04.2021, 18:58
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 102 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 1,450 Times in 655 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Married to Swiss abroad, does facil. nat. process change if we move to swi

The rules changed in 2018 but in my case it used to be 3 years for facilitated if you marry abroad and move to CH - this is how it worked for me, and I got my interview & passport within a few months after applying

Timing wise, it reads as follows:

As the spouse of a Swiss national, you can submit an application for facilitated naturalization if you have lived for at least 3 years in a conjugal union and if you have lived in Switzerland for at least 5 years, including the year preceding the request.

In addition, you must fulfill the following conditions:

Must demonstrate successful integration in Switzerland, this means in particular:
  • Able to communicate on a daily basis in a national language, which implies that your language skills are at least at B1 level orally and A2 in writing;
  • Respect public safety and order (no criminal record, no prosecution/acts of default of goods, taxes paid);
  • Respect the values ​​of the Constitution;
  • Participate in economic life or in the acquisition of training (employment or training, no social assistance in the 3 years preceding the submission of the application, unless you have fully reimbursed it);
  • You encourage and support the integration of your family members, if applicable.
  • During a personal interview, it will be examined whether you have basic knowledge of Switzerland in geography, history, politics and society, whether you actively you maintain contacts with the Swiss population.
  • You do not endanger the internal or external security of Switzerland.