View Single Post
Old 21.04.2021, 15:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 438 Times in 330 Posts
Thanked 11,489 Times in 6,020 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammed by the Hauptmieter

Very odd wording. Is he again trying to screw you?

I'd like the fact though that the entire thing ends this month, assuming that's what you want.

- remove the date from title, that's irrelevant
- I'd want all money to flow when you hand over the keys, in cash (or earlier, but they won't agree to that). No money no key handover (possibly unlawful but who cares).
- the ending of the 2nd bullet, "sofern die ..." is irrelevant, remove. Likewise the "voraussichtlich" a few words before. Contract and rent end April 30th, that's when key handover and your move out take place and the cash changes hands. Full stop.
- as others already mentioned, you're only responsible for the room, not the apartment
- "Mit Erfüllung ..." conditions the ending for both parties on the other's fulfilling their duties. For instance, if they don't pay the furniture price you're still in the contract.
- the paragraph before the "Stillschweigen" clause makes no sense at all. "Gleicher Zustand" (in the same state) is meaningless. Make it "clean" instead.
- remove the "Stillschweigen" clause, why would you bind yourself that way

Your rental contract doesn't mention a deposit. If there is one I'd want that in the agreement as well, paid back in cash.

Apparently the couple acts jointly. Accepting the signature of only one of them may be tricky. Perhaps ask the MV lawyer about that.

AFAIK the MV also offer to have one of them present for handover, their hourly rate is quite reasonable. Perhaps something worth considering, especially given the weird wording (gleicher Zustand etc).
The following 5 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: