View Single Post
Old 23.04.2021, 09:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,076 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax return deduction for both spouses working

Quote:
View Post
I called the cantonal tax authority and at my second question they responded nicely that they do not provide tax advice and I should contact a tax advisor.

But after calling both municipality and canton without being given clear answers I suspect that most tax advisors will also not know how to best deal with this specific situation.

I will fill the tax report as good I can, provide the supporting documents and most probably they will come to the conclusion that I did some errors and hopefully I will not get penalised.
The Swiss system is pretty good - generally errors made in good faith are corrected and not penalised. Particularly if you declare everything openly and it's just in the wrong column or you add some stuff up wrong.

Why not include a note saying what you did and why, then it is clear that you aren't trying to hide / cheat anything.