Thread: Bicycling rules
View Single Post
Old 26.04.2021, 10:35
Forum Legend

Groaned at 36 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,699 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bicycling rules

Quote:
View Post
Cars yielding is a big pet peeve of mine actually. When they see you well in advance, stop completely, look to make eye contact and a yielding gesture way before you get to the intersection, then yeah sure, thank you I appreciate it, I'll keep my momentum. But three out of four times, they just ambivalently slow down with no clear indication that they're yielding and only make a gesture (if they make one at all) when I'm already geared down and braking or completely stopped, and it ends up with everyone losing time. By the time I've gotten back up to speed and crossed the intersection, we both could have crossed had they not yielded.
I got this point once after pedaling daily to work for 4 years. I realized I was not enjoying it anymore. It had became just another chore and started thinking about optimization. So, went cold turkey, got a GA and left the bike for the weekends of the afternoons that I really wanted to ride.

Eventually,the GA became a car but the bike is waiting in the cellar and just ride it when I want to. Always a pleasure since then, mind the cramps and close encounters with forest plants with spikes