View Single Post
Old 01.05.2021, 13:49

Groaned at 21 Times in 12 Posts
Sinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of manySinking has earned the respect of many
Re: Found great apartment BUT near a church...

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment, everything ticks but the only negative point is that nearby there is a catholic church and it has, obviously, a bell tower that announces the service plus the time every hour (I imagine).

I've never lived in an apartment with a church nearby and I don't know if people in that situation get used to the bell ringing every hour...
The apartment has good walls and double glazing so I'm not too bothered in winter. In summer though, with the balcony facing the church and windows open (the apt. has no AC), not sure how will be... I don't know neither if during sleeping hours the bell ring..

the church is about 70 meters from the apartment.

Any experiences?

Thanks
I have never, ever gotten used to church bells. If you are a light sleeper, that won't do.

However, if we are talking about Canton VD here, the good news is that it's a protestant canton, meaning (usually) way less church bells than in catholic cantons.

When I moved, I called the church to ask them about it.

Our church bells are 1 x hour and then there is the Sunday mass (once every three weeks as they pick a different village every time). Such a huge difference compared to other Cantons where I lived in the past!