View Single Post
Old 01.05.2021, 16:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 472 Times in 353 Posts
Thanked 11,896 Times in 6,184 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Found great apartment BUT near a church...

Quote:
View Post
I've never lived in an apartment with a church nearby and I don't know if people in that situation get used to the bell ringing every hour...
Yes, but not everyone does.

I've been living 50m from a belltower for ten years, with livingroom and bedrom windows facing it. My ears quickly learned to filter the bells out, no problem with the window slightly open even though it would chime during the night (not sure how often). I would only realise it while on the telephone when all of a sudden the other side became impossible to understand.

Does noise bother you? Or can you, for instance, (easily) sleep with music you like on? If the latter is a No, that apartment may not be for you even if the nights are quiet.

I'm quite a bit older today, I would want quiet night hours, no chiming from 11pm thru 6am or so.

So, perhaps enquire with the commune, the church, or your future neighbors. Don't rely on the landlord or agency, they may downplay it if there's a problem.
The following 3 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: