View Single Post
Old 02.05.2021, 16:08
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 260 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,177 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel offers homeless free one-way ticket to European destinations...

Quote:
View Post
I suspect that quite a few people who came to Basel from abroad to make some cash off tourists may have gotten caught up in the pandemics and couldn't get back home, maybe..Because of lack of funds, no tourists, borders were closed at some point, etc. Would that be a reason why the city proposed this help? How will they go about the PCR tests prior flying?
No, it really is a major problem in Basel. These are Romas who are part of a criminal human trafficking operation. I can tell you they most definitely will not be taking the offer & will instead wait for the bus from their boss to pick them up while he drops off fresh beggars.

Here's more on the subject:

https://www.srf.ch/play/tv/rundschau...5-ddddeaa6eb43

One of them grabbed my breasts at Le Train Bleu outside SBB. He came up & harassed people at their tables & then he pretended to trip and fall over his crutches right onto my chest. He was suddenly no longer crippled when the table of gentleman next to me rushed to my aid... he picked up his crutches and ran like the wind. Basel was incredibly stupid to ever allow this to happen in the first place, it is a real mess.
The following 8 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post: