View Single Post
Old 03.05.2021, 15:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 433 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 11,440 Times in 6,000 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Someone stealing my parking place

Quote:
View Post
I should point out that it is more of a Gemeinde[I] than [I]the[I] Gemeinde but I have a contract with my number plate and the number of the space linked to it, and a standing order paying the rent on it every month.
If the word "Gemeinde" is printed in yellow/orange, on the wall or on the ground, people will assume that your spot is reserved for anybody having business with them (plus some who will abuse the opportunity). This is common practice.

In such a case you'd want a plate with your number screwed in place on the wall, after every "Gemeinde" applying to your spot has been removed/painted over. Not sure whose duty the numberplate is, but removing "Gemeinde" is definitely the owner's. It won't hurt to make sure that this place is indeed yours by enquiring with the Gemeinde, also to build a bit of a connection.