View Single Post
Old 08.05.2021, 22:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,591 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ticks in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody,

I recently moved to Switzerland and have discovered that almost every Canton is a risk area for ticks, which is really a surprise for me. I'm glad that there is a vaccine for one of the diseases, but overall, I'm a bit concerned since I really like to go hiking.
I still think that is not a big problem because I didn't hear stories about ticks from people, and a lot of persons are still going hiking, so maybe ticks are not that common.

Is there a way for a country to defeat this problem or at least decrease it?

May I ask you feedbacks/ stories about this topic, and should I be concerned going hiking? Thanks
I‘ve run/walked in the forests above Zurich at least 3 times a week over the past 4 years. Never had a problem. My common sense tells me however (like every year) that I should actually pop into the local pharmacy to get an appointment for a quick vaccination. In-fact, I might well do that this year.

With dogs though, you do need to pay special attention if they love rummaging around.