View Single Post
Old 09.05.2021, 00:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 277 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 5,678 Times in 2,594 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ticks in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Thanks everybody for the answers!

So basically after a walk/ hike is better to check yourself to see if there is a tick on you. But being so small, if I miss it, that thing will still be attached to me without my knowledge? I mean, does it hurt after a while?
I just want to prevent being infected or at least being able to go to the doctor in time, and I'm worried that I may miss being bit and that can cause some serious problems if not treated in time.

I was so ready to check every beautiful hiking spot in Switzerland, I guess I will stick to the lake
Really - don‘t know you, but don‘t even think twice about it before going hiking here! It‘s so beautiful!

It‘s not something most Swiss even think about - my dogs had far greater problems in the UK than here! None of my Swiss friends (I’m Swiss) get jabs - but they are easily available if you want it or are at an exposed level of risk.

You can, if you want to be super cautious about it, get jabs in many Apotheken, or at your doctors. I don‘t, even though I‘m in the forest almost daily. I also don‘t take precautions, but do realise that it might be a good precaution. I think about it every year and don‘t do it, well maybe this year has opened my eyes a bit to the value of vaccinations - just in case.
The following 2 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post: