View Single Post
Old 13.10.2008, 16:52

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
robban has earned the respect of manyrobban has earned the respect of manyrobban has earned the respect of many
Re: installing an electric oven - help??

Quote:
View Post
Please let me know if this is a ''do it yourself'' project. Thanks so much..in advance.
It is not a "do it yourself" project, especially not for you as you admit you don't know what you are doing. Some things are worth paying a little money for, and if you don't understand electrics, then don't try to learn the hard way. It may seem like a simple thing to put 3 wires into 3 holes or whatever the job may be, but if you (for instance) don't create a good contact or don't tighten the screws well, then you risk causing a problem.

I did my 16th IE qualification in the UK (I am a part-qualified electrician) and have been taught some of the many things you can do wrong. I really would suggest you pay the little bit extra to be sure it has been done correctly - I've not even looked at the oven in my apartment since I am not allowed to touch it from an insurance point of view. A sparky fitting an oven into a hole where there used to be an oven is not going to cost a fortune.