View Single Post
Old 10.05.2021, 09:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,384 Times in 7,702 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any web developer here to give some advice?

Quote:
View Post
Hi Jim2007

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. I understand and I agree with your points mentioned above. The property valuation case is just an example not the concept I am working on. I also know where to get the data. What I donít know is how to get data from website A and move it to website B. I am going to pay someone to do it for me but I am trying to find out what my options are and how feasible they are.

Now, if you are familiar with web developing you must have understood from my post that I donít know much about how websites work. If you are not familiar with web developing, why even bother? Regardless, thanks a lot for your inputs.
I know someone who created a webscraping bot to pick up housing data. They initially got into legal trouble and then were technically blocked. They found a pretty clever way to do this eventually.

Anyway my main advice is: if you are not a technical person that will make the website yourself: do not go into a business that is a website business (i.e. not just a webshop). I've seen too many people sink tons of money into their new 'business' that I could have told them will fail right at the start.

Apart from going into an area with no moat and global competition with zero edge - you simply don't know what you don't know that is required to succeed.