View Single Post
Old 21.05.2021, 09:25

Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
beebolbod has no particular reputation at present
Re: Foreign Children in Swiss Public Schools

As with many things i suspect it's cantonal. My eldest son has ADD/ADHD and we moved here 2 years ago. The 'bridge' school (focused on getting his German up to speed and him integrating) has been really good, offering him coaching and most recently a councilor to help him try to find a path here, which will be very hard for him. There are good people around, and you will find them

My youngest (13) has attended local school here for 18 months and has flourished here after an initially testing start.

As mentioned already, the system (and the swiss kids) want to test you out and see what you're like and prepare you for life. I'm lucky that my lad is a rugby playing smiley boy and took to the system very well. I know someone who's son crumbled in local school and couldn't handle it so they went down the international school route. I dont have the cash for that so i thank my stars the boys were ok.

I think Kittsters advice is v good. You will find good folk around and making complaints about people might not be the best way forward.
I wish you luck, it's not easy.
This user would like to thank beebolbod for this useful post: