View Single Post
Old 21.05.2021, 20:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zbinden BMW Hagendorf - Poor Service

Quote:
View Post
This is when I lose it. I explain that I bought the car from their garage, the contract is with 'Zbinden AG' not 'Salesman X'. Here is my order sheet with the part clearly labelled as having been ordered and fitted by you. The manager explains that if the mistake was made by the salesman he has to pay from his pocket. This sounds completely nuts, I ask whether the mechanic should also chip in since he should have known better before fitting it?
Absolutely right.

I just ordered new winter wheels from my local BMW dealership. I went with the guy who sold me the car because he speaks French. All he did was take me to the repair shop because the fitting of parts is 100% responsibility of repair shop. From there I continued on my comical German and had a long talk if the wheels I wanted were homologated for winter. They are, but I ordered something out of the box: winter wheels same size as summer ones.

The point is there is a list of parts that can be fitted in the car. This is responsibility of the repairs/mechanics. Parts and repair has nothing to deal with car sales people. Therefore, it's a lame excuse to blame the car sales guy. It's a failure from the mechanics and therefore the dealership.

I'm also sure your Übergabe-Protokol says Zbinden AG. If they had any sense of responsibility, Zbinden AG would have already offered to fix the issue.

Next time ask for test drive in the BMW Experience Center in Dielsdorf. That way you don't make the mistake of feeling obliged to buy to backwater dealership.

But, did you pay in cash or is it a leasing? If it's a leasing, the car owner is BMW Schweiz AG in Dieldsdorf. They're looking forward to know more about the phuck ups of locals dealers.
The following 5 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post: