View Single Post
Old 23.05.2021, 12:38
la mod

Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,659 Times in 5,304 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zbinden BMW Hagendorf - Poor Service

Quote:
View Post
Talking about compatibility, why is this grill not compatible? Surely the grill area on the 1 series should be pretty much the same across the range? What model is this grill compatible with and why?
Its the grill from the M135i which doesn't have the active flaps, my car has the same engine in slightly detuned form and it has active flaps, as does the M235i so it is confusing. There is a glossy black grill that is compatible with my car and that the one in the first post, its got the vertical slats and doesn't look as cool as the honeycomb grill its just clearance, my grill is probably a few mm too deep to clear the moving flap.

I don't think the salesman used the configurator to add the part, he must have used a separate parts system and just wrote in into manually into the final order form. The agreement we had was that I would pay for the grill and he would fit it.