View Single Post
Old 25.05.2021, 11:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 85 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,312 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Comparing locations - Oberglatt and Dietikon

Dietikon is a dump. Never lived in Dietikon, but worked there and had friends living there. There is no way I would move there, let alone buy a place. Cannot say much about Oberglatt.

Edit: A few more thoughts on Dietikon:

The center and everything along the main road from Spreitenbach to Schlieren is dreadful in my view. Concrete, traffic, old housing, dodgy shops. Traffic I thought was quite bad and not helped by all the young guys showing off their old M3s. On Saturdays a lot of spill-over traffic from Spreitenbach (Shoppi, Ikea). The area north of the railway where a lot of new housing has been added in the last 10 years may offer modern buildings but otherwise very little in my view.

Heading south towards Urdorf and up the valley towards Mutschellen there might be some nicer and quieter parts. I recall the area into Reppischtal from cycling tours and I found this quite nice, but also this probably is not Dietikon anymore.

If I were looking for housing in Limmattal, I would look at Urdorf, Weiningen, Engstringen maybe.

Last edited by komsomolez; 25.05.2021 at 23:05.
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post: