View Single Post
Old 27.05.2021, 09:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 126 Times in 62 Posts
markalex has an excellent reputationmarkalex has an excellent reputationmarkalex has an excellent reputationmarkalex has an excellent reputation
Re: DIY Home Video Surveillance

Nobody has mentioned, but if even if you capture some masked burglars will the local police do anything about it?

I don't own property overseas, but I don't think the police in places like Italy, Spain or Portugal for that matter got so little on their plate that they give a monkey's uncle about your a burglar who breaks in and steals nothing, cause there is nothing to take. If someone breaks in, it will be a statistic.

That said as a deterrent go for it, just don't both to connect it up to the net. That way if the neighbours complain, your off the hook and you still keeping young kids off the lawn.

I would look insurance as well to make sure that vandalism is covered, I think pissed off burglars who smash the place up will be your biggest concern.

Should say that don't over do it too. Put too much security in and somebody will think there is something to take.

Last edited by markalex; 27.05.2021 at 09:45. Reason: added more stuff