View Single Post
Old 27.05.2021, 13:38
fptrader fptrader is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: obwalden
Posts: 89
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
fptrader is considered a nuisancefptrader is considered a nuisancefptrader is considered a nuisance
Parquet flooring damage in a rented apartment - do I pay ?

I have been renting my apartment for just over 11 years now. It was new when I moved in. Some water damage from condensation on the windows occurred on the parquet flooring in the early days which was down to my ignorance of the necessity to keep the apartment well ventilated.

I chose not to get it repaired for fear it would happen again.

The time has now come to leave in about 4 months time. I was wondering if I can claim the damage on my house insurance Or possibly the administrator will see this as acceptable wear and tear ?

Anyone any idea the cost of repair ? An example is attached

I would estimate the total length is about 2 meters of flooring spread across 4 or 5 different places
Attached Images
Reply With Quote