View Single Post
Old 27.05.2021, 23:00
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
randomgeek has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
That's a huge lot of commuting for the parents and family...just for the privilege of buying a 'house'.

Our friends and colleagues who have a 'modest' apartment budget have been buying around Affoltern am Albis, Bonstetten, and getting cars. It's a 'new growth area' - lots of new privately owned apartments.

Opfikon/Oberglatt will be significantly impacted by airport noise - probably not something you can measure right now as there are so few planes!

Dietikon is a 'hole' for people with really low incomes. I wouldn't go there if you paid me...

I have no idea what 'budget' you are working with, but I assume you are looking for an 'einfamilienhaus' rather than an apartment...

No man, we've been looking at apartments.

We have been restricted because we are primarily interested in new projects or apartments that were constructed after 2015. We also need 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms and want the living/dining/kitchen area to be at least 42m2.

With these restrictions, the apartments that we have found within reasonable commute distance have mostly been over 1.3 million and that's not cheap. Nothing in Bonstetten or Affoltern am Albis either.

We will continue to look, but it just feels that we need to be richer to afford the kind of house we want.

Quote:
View Post
you could also consider this one - I can recommend it - I've been inside but don't know who the owner is....

https://www.homegate.ch/buy/3001006721

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately we don't like slipping roofs. I lived in a slopping roof apartment for three years and I absolutely hated it by the end.

Quote:
View Post
For a while, such a commute can be okay. I would not choose a permanent home that involved that much commuting except, perhaps, if you are both also studying something or are avid readers, or frequent social media, or do subtle isometric exercises or meditate, really anything that means you know how to use your time well, when in the train or waiting on the platform. With such skills, you can utilise those many hours; without them, over time the commute becomes a drain on one's energy and mood.

I agree with you, but with the budget it doesn't seem like we will get a location that is equidistant from our work locations. As I said earlier, that would be the Thalwil Horten area, and we can't afford anything there.

Last edited by roegner; 30.05.2021 at 02:47. Reason: Merging consecutive posts