View Single Post
Old 30.05.2021, 12:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
LtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holiday Flat in Tessin

Quote:
View Post
it's a v-shaped valley away from anyhwere, so the road is small and full of curves, small river at the bottom probably not very good for swimming, I didn't see anything interesting except parking there for mountain biking (several mountains close-by are good for this because they're panettone-shaped) and some hiking, but to get anything different you have to drive out of the valley.

I've been there twice to go hike on the mountains there for a change. Having done the monte bar and the denti della vecchia, what remains are some higher mountains where the possible hikes are a bit too much for me.

It sounds a bit negative but I'm biased because I'm used to the size and variety of the val maggia, the large beaches and river pools bathed by the sun (because it's u-shaped and at the bottom there is the confluence of 2 rivers), the many hikes and waterfalls, the various side valleys and interesting/varied architecture.
If I wanted to live in lugano, I'd live more in the city itself. At least you start from a central point when you have to go into a valley for a hike (or anywhere in ticino really), instead of having to descend a valley to arrive there and then go where you want to go.
Thanks for listing basically correct details for people who’ve “never heard” of this valley. Was just pointing out that there are areas less endowed with the usual tourist’s choices and therefore more affordable and not as overcrowded.
Lugano is about 30” away from the further reaches of the valley. There are three routes available and the small, curvy roads keep most of the determined (Dutch) caravan floggers out of your hair.
Recent intel that Tom hoons around there on a regular basis will have resulted in a significant drop of real estate asking prices as well. What’s not to like? Why am I promoting degradation of an unspoilt area?
This user would like to thank LtSoftDrink for this useful post: