View Single Post
Old 31.05.2021, 08:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,493 Times in 2,053 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Washing machine installation

Quote:
View Post
Never saw a washing machine that needed 3 phase, they come with a regular plug even in CH where I have bought 2.
I have a washer and a dryer that are both three phase or two phase, depending on how you wire them. If you wire the washer in two phase it says the water heats up less quickly (which tbh with current low temperature washing probably makes no difference at all), no mention of any difference it makes to the dryer but I did it anyway since I have the right sockets.

Quote:
View Post
3 phase is very rare in domestic settings in the UK, unless your home is bigger than say 400m2 heated by electricity it won't be needed.
Indeed I've never seen it - but common in industrial settings, it's shame they don't have a neat equivalent of the T25 socket we have here.

Our lab at university had three phase cables all over the place, hence the need to have an adapter for normal office stuff.
This user would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post: