View Single Post
Old 31.05.2021, 08:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,526 Times in 2,069 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Washing machine installation

Quote:
View Post
If you want to paralelise the proces and not waiting until one finishes to start second one.
Like, if you're working whole day and don't have block of hours to babysit the machine. Or you don't want to spend your weekend on laundry alone.

That's my reason at least.
And communal laundry which has only one set of machines definitely wouldn't work for me.

Another thing, I don't see the reason for complaints if machines aren't broken. Mine spins in high frequencies (bass goes easier through the wall) and doesn't jump like crazy or something. I don't have mats either.

But ok, in some old buildings where you hear other person walking, I see how spinning cycle could be heard, but still, why would anyone complain if you're washing during regular hours allowed for noise production also known as living?

@JackieH: I've read somewhere that no one can forbid you to have a washing machine in your apartment, maybe on that tenant's association site or somewhere here on forum...
Why do you need to babysit a washing machine?

It has a pretty fixed time of operating, you just need to empty and reload it. They all (?) have some sort of delay option so you can fill it and have it finish when you want, and ours have an app that notifies us when the washing / drying is done.