View Single Post
Old 31.05.2021, 11:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,633 Times in 2,136 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Free disposable income by Gemeinde (CS study)

Very interesting but the color scale is quite confusing. I checked the numbers for married couple (no kids):

Genève (purple) = 30'200
Zurich (purple) = 39'800
Bern (purple) = 49'500

The place I live in Rüebliland (pink): 61'000
Light green gemeinde also in Aargau: 64'100

One of the darkest green gemeindes I found in Wallis (Zwichbergen): 72,900

So, almost 20K difference in freely disposable income between Bern and Genève and they look about the same color. At the same time, difference of 3K, is a different color. And the darkest green I found only ~10K above a pink below median. Something wrong with my computer screen, or....do I need and eyesight test?

The last time we moved I made the following calculation. If we live in the middle of nowhere(*) the car is free. Free in the sense that the rent difference of an apartment of equivalent size and features between Rüebliland and ZH pays for car financing, taxes, fuel , insurance and parking.

(*) Not exactly in the middle of nowhere. ZH airport is a direct train away. The IC5 that takes you anywhere in CH is 5 min away. There's night bus for those beer evenings and all streets are kept snow free