View Single Post
Old 02.06.2021, 17:00
Banned

Groaned at 551 Times in 432 Posts
Thanked 23,700 Times in 9,578 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wall Paint - colour mixing

Quote:
View Post
We are looking to paint some walls of our (own) apartment. We found some nice colours from Farrow and Ball that we really like, but the prices are just insane to pain multiple rooms. To my understanding it is possible to get the exact colours mixed for you with cheaper paints, how would one go about this? I.e. where do I find the specifications of F&B paint that I can get mixed?
I heard an interesting talk about Farrow and Ball colours on the radio the other day.

Basically, their muted, earthy and natural hues which they supposedly took from heritage houses were actually those taken from the servants quarters.

The more stately rooms in these fine houses were painted in glorious, bright (and expensive colours), quite unlike those of Farrow and Ball.

The servants rooms were painted with what ever was left over, mixed together to get enough paint to cover the rooms.

Generally, if you mix most colours together, in the end you are going to get a brown or a dirty green or an off-white - and hey presto - you have a Farrow and Ball colour!
The following 2 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: