View Single Post
Old 03.06.2021, 12:25
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 642 Times in 364 Posts
Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,782 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long can I visit UK from CH without needing to pay tax

Quote:
View Post
Hi

Does anybody know this

I have a Swiss residency/work permit

But I want to visit the UK and want to know how long I can visit without needing to pay UK tax

I plan to work from the UK (for the same Swiss company that I relocated to Switzerland for and I've been working at for the last three years)

Does it make a difference if I take the break as vacation instead of planning to work?
Rules are quite clear:

Quote:
Work out your residence status
Whether you’re UK resident usually depends on how many days you spend in the UK in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the following year).

You’re automatically resident if either:

you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year
your only home was in the UK - you must have owned, rented or lived in it for at least 91 days in total - and you spent at least 30 days there in the tax year
You’re automatically non-resident if either:

you spent fewer than 16 days in the UK (or 46 days if you have not been classed as UK resident for the 3 previous tax years)
you work abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week) and spent fewer than 91 days in the UK, of which no more than 30 were spent working
https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-incom...e%20tax%20year