View Single Post
Old 04.06.2021, 10:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 38 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 17,379 Times in 4,467 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss/EU nationals having problems travelling to UK

Quote:
View Post
Having to have take PCR test before going, then isolate for 10 days and have pre-booked tests for day 2 and 8, then wait for results - then PCR to return and isolate again- seems a bit more of an inconvenience at the moment.
I'm in the UK now, took the night ferry with my bike to Harwich Tuesday night. Passport control at both sides were puzzled by my (pretty new) passport and asked when I had entered NL (or left the UK) as there was no entry stamp. 15 years ago I told them and living in Switzerland!

The 10 days quarantine (starting the day after traveling) is a pain, but I'm staying at my sisters old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere in Norfolk and her garden is at least 2 acres. I'm just about to do my Day 2 PCR Test and I am allowed to leave the house to post it. Luckily the nearest Priority Post Box is almost 2 miles away so I'll be able to get in a short bike ride today and next Thursday for the Day 8 Test.

Quote:
View Post
Just another reason not to travel to third world countries!

Tom
To be pedantic, the UK, being part of NATO, is a First World Country. The old Soviet countries were 2nd World, all other non-aligned countries (including Switzerland) are Third World Countries.

Monger of fine British Cheeses

Last edited by grumpygrapefruit; 10.06.2021 at 14:53. Reason: wrong day
The following 11 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: