View Single Post
Old 04.06.2021, 15:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,384 Times in 7,702 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Pipeline heat supply

Looking on GIS, I saw that an area was shaded indicating: "Rohrleitungsgebundene Wärmeversorgung. Gebiete, in denen sich Teilbereiche mit hoher Wärmedichte zur Versorgung mit leitungsgebundenen Energieträgern (Erdgas/Wärmeverbunde) eignen"

Google translate gave me: "Heat supply areas: Pipeline heat supply. Areas in which sub-areas with high heat density are suitable for the supply of piped energy sources (natural gas / heat networks)"

Which didn't enlighten me as to what this meant. I was hoping to see where gas lines are to see whether gas was available at the property. I didn't see any so assumed none available, but was confused what this shaded area indicated. Anyone know?

I might have spoken too soon, it seems GIS might show only the major gas arteries and not the detailed local level.