View Single Post
Old 30.01.2007, 15:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to Skiing - the nightmare

Quote:
Do you guys think there is hope for me? I am 27.
Do I need a lesson?
Can all that harm (the fear, the falling, the failure) associated with my first time be undone? (don't smirk)
What did I do wrong? Technically?

Any advice is really appreciated. I am not ready to give up but I am thinking about sneaking away to Flumserberg on a weekday to learn on my own. And with a paid instructor. Unbeknownst to some.

Thanks guys.
Ski beginners should ALWAYS start with proper lessons, preferably one-on-one. You'll learn nothing useful from a friend/relative and will both end up being really frustrated.

It's never too late to learn - I started skiing at 28. However, the earlier the better and you can see the difference with the skiiers who leaned as kids.

Flumserberg is a good place to learn - it has a quite large nursery area with a couple of different runs that you can do once you have had a couple of hours tuition. There's a good ski school there with English-speaking instructors available.

Gav