Thread: Nordstream 2
View Single Post
Old 08.06.2021, 19:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 23,067 Times in 8,348 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordstream 2

Quote:
View Post
follow the money
- who was largest sponsor of anti-nuclear lobby in Germany
- who makes major profits on gas via NS
- who makes major political capitalisation on gas via NS ?

let me help you ...

"FACTSHEET

Nuclear phase-out – opting out and back in again

After the Social Democrats (SPD) and the Green Party won the elections in 1998, the government of Gerhard Schroeder (SPD) reached what became known as the “nuclear consensus” with the big utilities. They agreed to limit the lifespan of nuclear power stations to 32 years"
Let me help you: The exit from nuclear energy was decided by Merkel, CDU, long after Schröder. It was a direct reaction to the Fukushima incident. There is not one party making political capitalisation: the Greens wanted it since the 80s, the SPD and CDU can now claim that they were the ones putting it in place. The post communists are anyways for anything pro-Russia which leaves us with the liberals (who only worried about the costs - not for the consumers, but to make sure the energy companies got billions for their reactors). The AFD did not exist back then but are usually against America and interestingly very pro-Russian as well... so that is probably the only topic where the entire political spectrum agreed on something.

I personally dont agree with it and believe that Merkel did it as a preemptive strike to stop the greens from getting more votes on that topic... but its certainly not "the SPD is bought by Russia"...
This user groans at Treverus for this post: