View Single Post
Old 09.06.2021, 11:38

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
batucada has no particular reputation at present
Re: USA Seattle Summer Holiday Travel with my spouse and son (non US citizens)

Hello,

We have recently traveled to the US, and my husband is EU (I am US/kids are US/EU). We were required to show a copy of our marriage license to establish our relationship, in order to board/enter as per the presidential proclamation from Jan 2021 (excerpted in part below). We were not asked about the purpose of our trip.

I don't know whether partners would be allowed per se, but if your child is US, then yes, your partner could enter. I assume you would then need to bring the child's birth certificate as proof.

It is important to bring proof to establish the relationships required for entry, this was not made clear when we left but luckily we had the documentation on hand. Even then, you might expect some secondary screening upon arrival.

All the best.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...virus-disease/

Part of the presidential proclaimation from this year:

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry. (a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:
(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;
(ii) any noncitizen national of the United States;
(iii) any noncitizen who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;
(iv) any noncitizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;
(v) any noncitizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;
(vi) any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications
(vii) any noncitizen traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;
(viii) any noncitizen traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any noncitizen otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;
The following 2 users would like to thank batucada for this useful post: