View Single Post
Old 10.06.2021, 01:32

Groaned at 53 Times in 9 Posts
gumby has earned some respectgumby has earned some respect
Re: USA Seattle Summer Holiday Travel with my spouse and son (non US citizens)

Quote:
View Post
I've heard it's hard to find a PCR test in the Seattle vicinity. I hope they'll change the requirement to an anti-gen test.
I just got back fromt he US yesterday and I was able to use an anti-gen test to get into Switzerland. I thought I needed a PCR test but when Swiss airlines sent me an email a couple days before my flight it said:

Travelers to Switzerland must have a medical certificate with a negative COVID PCR test, taken within 72 hours before departure, or a negative COVID AntiGen Rapid test, taken within 24 hours before departure. In addition, all travelers must register online.

It was sent in connection with my outbound flight from ORD-ZRH, so I figured they must know what is required. The catch is you need a medical certificate with the results no older than 24 hours before departure. I ended up missing my Swiss air flight due to another flights delay, but I was able to get on a Lufthansa flight that left 2 hours later via Munich. I was not sure if my test would hold up with the Germans but it was no problem. I was asked for the test in both ORD and Munich. I was not asked for it in Switzerland, and didnt even have to go through a passport control upon arrival in ZRH.

If I was unable to get on the Lufthansa flight I would have been scheduled for a flight the following day and would have had to get another Covid-test.

Also when I called looking around in the US for a PCR test I was told by several places that they would not give a PCR test to people who did not have any symptoms.
The following 2 users would like to thank gumby for this useful post: