View Single Post
Old 10.06.2021, 14:56

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Gravity has earned the respect of manyGravity has earned the respect of manyGravity has earned the respect of many
Re: New employer wants me to start before end of current contract

Quote:
View Post
On the whole I would say yes you do, it's a lot better for job security and long term opportunities than starting work on a project nobody really cares about.
Important project vs urgent project could be a very different thing. I hope for the OP that the project is urgent and important ;-)

But anyway, unless you are a contractor the first 90 days are for you to build connections: build deeper understanding of the organization, the business around the products, build network, learn how to gossip with many individuals so they start sharing and keeping you informed about everything even if you are in the group of/level of the un-worthy to be well informed, etc. It's really important to achieve this during your probation period because later you'll certainly have to put all your efforts to urgent workload and your career will never start. If you're find with that than yes, but why not look for contracting which is better paid?
This user would like to thank Gravity for this useful post: