View Single Post
Old 10.06.2021, 17:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 458 Times in 341 Posts
Thanked 11,797 Times in 6,147 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New employer wants me to start before end of current contract

Quote:
View Post
Of course, current company will look out for what is best for them and this means avoid paying me if they can. So any benefits I lose will need to be compensated by the new company. They are the one who want me earlier so it is only right that they pay up. Whatever new company come up with, I just want to make sure that it is legal as I don't want to end up a criminal.
Excellent approach!
The way you treat your old employer now is the way the new employer will have to assume to be treated themselves later on.

It wouldn't hurt if your flexibility earned you some kind of goodie, an individual bonus.
Quote:
View Post
Per swiss code of obligations, all IP created during your employment belongs to your "old" employer (certain exceptions apply, but lets keep is simple here).
The fact that today's employment contracts tend to contain clauses giving the employer IP rights indicates that your claim is false. Got some reliable source to back it up?
But yes, this aspect could cause problems if OP's contract contains relevant wording.
Quote:
View Post
Let's say you have an accident, for example. Which accident insurance covers you?
That shouldn't matter because the insurance company is the same, they merely collect premium twice for august.

AHV premiums paid may be an issue, not sure if they can be checked later on by an ex-employer. But either way that doesn't matter as OP won't play games (kudos).
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
This user groans at Urs Max for this post: