Thread: Nordstream 2
View Single Post
Old 11.06.2021, 11:46

Groaned at 20 Times in 12 Posts
scrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeable
Re: Nordstream 2

Quote:
View Post
more of an 'insurance' than return on investment. There was few LNG receiving terminals build by baltic countries - guess sit was Lithuania and some in Poland ?
Yes, Poland has a contract with Gazprom. Expiring in 2022. Then they plan to import a lot of gas, while building nuclear power plant (they would like to stop using coal, or better said, the US wants them to stop burning coal). After that point, who knows, they may even use gasification of coal to produce gas and export it through the LNG terminals (I am not sure about technical feasibility, I am sure it will be more expensive than russian gas, the premium in price will be the "not made in Russia" part).

Lithuania I do not know, they have a LNG regassifier and they are building a pipeline with Poland to export "european gas" from Europe to Finland ... I know Poland had some shale-gas potential, otherwise I do not see the origin of this european gas. I miss a bit the general picture of the Baltic countries, but in general I see that you have four ways to think about energy security:
- gas = russia;
- nuclear = france + china (like the new nuclear power plant in the UK, built by a consortium with a big chinese involvement);
- gas but not from evil russia = US and their shale gas;
- coal = independence, and china.

Luckily for oil there is the guarantee of the Middle East: it is always pleasant to create and fund rich elites with a deep cultural background and a strong and meaningful sense of the world, as well as to fund their illuminated and democratic governments:
https://local12.com/news/offbeat/bab...parks-backlash
a
This user would like to thank scrabblegrey for this useful post: