View Single Post
Old 11.06.2021, 15:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,583 Times in 3,555 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How about a gardening thread?

Quote:
View Post
Calling all you creative EF gardeners:

I have an apple tree and a wild plum that produce out-of-this world delicious fruit.. I look forward to them all year.

However given my current wobbliness I really feel unsafe climbing a ladder in order to pick the fruit I can't reach - which is most of it. A telescoping fruit picker is of only marginal help, as most of the fruit is still too high up to reach. If I let the apples or plums fall to collect them on the ground they fall victim to the slugs before i can get to them.

I thought of putting up some kind net to catch the fruit as it falls, something that sits above ground level, but am at a loss as to how to do so.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Saw the Wolf Garten fruit picker basket today at the hardware store and thought of you. I found this video comparing it with the Gardena.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7U9C7Jnoyw

Have you used one of these before? We bought the longest Wolf Garten Telescopic handle (with a variety of attachments) to use for cleaning the pergola roof.

Perhaps you have already found a solution?
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: