View Single Post
Old 16.06.2021, 08:43

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
AnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obtaining a pet dog in Switzerland

I see on Anibis all the time people who have bought a puppy and are rehoming due to various reasons ... that could be a place to start. Breeders have not necessarily closed down, but waiting lists are longer than usual.

Meloncollie knows the Swiss scene, especially regarding darker things, much better than I do. She is a treasure to share all her knowledge time and again! I would just add one thing, at the risk of repeating myself and at the risk of getting a tap on the wrist ... breeding “officially” with papers in Switzerland is a very very difficult process. If you are confident in your ability to assess a breeder, there are some very good ones who “hobby breed” but who do all the health testing and who take incredibly good care of their puppies. Whether you choose official breeders or hobby breeders you do have to have a certain amount of knowledge going into the process to be sure you’re not blinded by the cute little pups and can instead focus on what the breeder does and the quality they can offer you. A really good start for a puppy is paramount for easier training and easier adjustment to daily life outside the litter. A pup who has never left the farm ... well I took in one of those as a rehome last summer—and he had papers.
The following 2 users would like to thank AnnaSophiaA for this useful post: